Jness World

Jness World
Thank you Jness, for sharing this vision of the world. (This image belongs to Jness, Inc.)

Saturday, September 14, 2013

That's NOT "just the way I am"...

There are times in life when someone says something that strikes you. Like, it really sticks and you walk around thinking and thinking and thinking about it.

I had one of those moments recently. On my team, there was a conversation going on about how we had failed. This is probably an experience that every team faces if they stay together long enough. But I have observed that what often happens when a team faces the "how did we fail?" conversation...

  1. People blame other people or circumstances: it's impossible, that's just the way I am/we are/things are
  2. People stop caring
  3. People quit
These responses all amount to the same thing, keeping the team exactly where it is with no forward progress or possibly damaging the team.

When my team was talking like this, one of our mentors asked us:

"Why are you fighting for your limitation?"


Just imagine if you actually won that fight and proved you were, in fact, limited and could go no further, there was nothing better, nothing more and no improvement to be had. 

Don't do it. Fight for your growth, your success and your joy. If you don't know how to do this - contact me and let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment